Advanced Epoxy Resin Moisture Mitigation Solution
- 100% solids BA and NP free epoxy
- One coat, low viscosity application
- Low VOC and low odor
- Advanced epoxy resin system addresses vulnerability to osmotic blistering
- Compliant with ASTM F3010-13; Permeability less than 0.1 perm at 12 mils in dry film thickness (DFT)
- An effective barrier against migration of alkalinity from concrete to flooring adhesives
- Low viscosity system for easy installation
- Pre-measured containers reduce installation time by eliminating the need to measure
Clean, sound, stable, dry and properly prepared structural concrete with a CSP of 3
Platform EMS is suitable for installation in concrete on floors with RH levels up to 100% RH.
• All floors should be tested per ASTM F-2170 (Standard Moisture Test Method for
Determining Relative Humidity in Concrete) before installing Platform EMS. Other methods for testing moisture, including ASTM 1-1869-11 (Calcium Chloride test), are not accepted by Platform Performance Cements and will not be considered for any warranty claims.
• Sources of external water infiltration that contribute to high moisture drive on slabs on or below grade should be identified and controlled prior to installing Platform EMS.
• Concrete surface must be dry prior to installing Platform EMS.
• During application and cure, maintain ambient and substrate temperatures 65 – 90ºF, with a relative humidity of 30-80%. Concrete must be 5 degrees Fahrenheit or more above the dew point of the slab at the time of installation and throughout product cure.
• All concrete slabs must be structurally stable, sound, and clear of any contaminants or bond breakers prior to installing Platform EMS. Ensure all old adhesives, contaminants, curing compounds, bond breakers, oils, silicates, dust and sealers are completely removed. It is the responsibility of installer to utilize concrete core testing to identify potential use of silicates on slab, or in circumstances where alkali-silica reaction is suspected.
• After all slab repairs have been completed, mechanically prepare the concrete by shotblasting to a CSP of 3 prior to installing Platform EMS.
• Chemical preparation of the floor is not acceptable under any circumstances.
• Carefully vacuum the floor following mechanical preparation to ensure removal of dust, debris on the slab.
Leveling (application of self-leveling underlayments) should be done over the Platform EMS. If the concrete is too uneven to provide a uniform film of Platform EMS, use PrepPro RC to fill any significant holes to provide a more uniform surface. After PrepPro RC has cured mechanically prepare ALL surfaces receiving Platform EMS to a CSP 3. For instructions on how to install PrepPro RC, consult our latest technical data sheet found on our website (www.profloorprep.com).
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY
Use chemical resistant gloves when handling.
Prior to mixing, ensure material is preconditioned to 65-75ºF. Colder temps will increase material viscosity, mixing and set times.
Each unit of Platform EMS comes pre-measured with 3.16 US Gal of epoxy: 2.16 US Gal of Resin (Part A) and 1 US Gal of hardener (Part B) in a 1 US Gal jug. After opening both containers add all of Part B into the Part A mixing container. Always mix Platform EMS as a full kit using the pre-measured quantities provided. Using a 300 RPM drill with an epoxy or paint paddle, thoroughly mix the product for at least 3 - 5 minutes to a streak free consistency. After mixing, immediately pour the entire contents on the floor in a ribbon pattern across the pre measured area when done. Do not leave mixed material in the mixing pail for more than 3 minutes after mixing.
Prior to mixing, measure a 400 sq ft area on grade/ 625 sq ft above grade (per kit) for material application. Immediately after the mixed Platform EMS is spread in ribbon pattern across the measured area, use a straight bladed squeegee to uniformly spread the material. Back roll the applied material with a dual cage foam or solid core (fiber free) roller. Do not introduce excessive air by over rolling. Ensure Platform EMS is spread uniformly to a 12 mil thickness.
In very rare cases where concrete exhibits extreme out-gassing, contact Technical Services for instructions.
Cure Time (@ 70ºF)
• 5-6 hrs tack free
• 6+ hrs to apply primer or suitable floor covering adhesives
• 36 hours max recoat window.
When ambient temperatures are high, working and set time will be reduced, when temperatures are cooler set times will lengthen, typically 2x for each 10 degree drop from 73ºF. Protect the area from foot traffic, dust and dirt until finished floor or underlayment installation is completed.
Floor and Underlayment Installation
After curing to a tack free condition, Platform EMS may receive floating floor systems without the need of further preparation. If a flooring adhesive is used, ensure the product is compatible with nonporous epoxy surfaces such as Platform EMS. A test area should always be performed prior to installing the entire floor to ensure compatibility.
For subsequent installation of an underlayment, utilize Primer 360 NEAT. Reference the primer Data sheet for installation over non-porous surfaces. After Primer 360 is applied and dry, apply a suitable Platform patch (PrepPro Feather) or underlayment (L2, L3) to realize a full system warranty.
Platform EMS is intended for professional use only. Platform EMS has a placement time of 20 minutes when immediately spread on the concrete, colder temperatures may extend the working time of the product. Due to the exothermic chemical reaction, Failure to immediately pour mixed Platform EMS to the substrate will significantly reduce placement time.
• Platform EMS is not for use as a final wear surface or topping and must be covered by a finished floor.
• For interior applications only
• Not for use over gypsum underlayments
• Do not chemically clean a concrete slab prior to installing Platform EMS.
• Do not apply Platform EMS to a concrete slab if adhesive was ever applied to the floor.
• MVER may fluctuate within slab areas and can have significant seasonal variations.
• Do not apply over existing coatings, sealers or floor coverings.
• Do not use in environments where temperature will exceed 100°F.
• Do not apply to concrete slabs with less than 3000 psi compressive strength and 200 psi internal tensile strength when tested per ASTM C1583.
• Concrete slabs must be at least 7 days old prior to material application.
• Terrazzo strips may move and may corrode, therefore Platform EMS is not warranted over terrazzo strips. Remove Terrazzo strips and patch damaged areas prior to application of Platform EMS.
• Conform to Building Codes and comply with the requirements of all applicable local, state and federal code jurisdictions.